1. CubsAs writes: I believe Back2Basics is an incredibly well thought out rehab program which maximizes the chance for successful life change in young adults struggling with addiction. Having also seen several shorter term programs attended by my son and another close adult friend, I can wholeheartedly recommend B2B. It has the best, most effective aspects of the shorter term programs plus so much more to help young men mature, regain their dignity and learn to manage their own lives generally, as they also create a plan and build a network to support their sobriety. I also learned a valuable life changing lesson through my experience as a parent of a son in B2B, which was that I could not cure my son’s issue, but had to trust that he could do it for himself with the skills, knowledge and tools he was offered through B2B.
2. Forever Grateful writes: After three thirty day programs and unsuccessful ,our prayers were answered . We found Back2Basics. Today my son has found sobriety and is 18 months clean. He is now back in school, working and giving back to the community. He truly is my inspiration… If I had any advice to tell parents that is dealing with the disease of Addiction go for long term. I deeply believe that this is what has saved my sons life. I am forever grateful. THANK YOU B2B
3. Former Resident writes: Back2Basics offered me a solution where previous 30-day institutions could not. The combination of lifeskill building, 12-step recovery, and 6 months of rigid structure were exactly what I needed in order to establish my sobriety. The bonds between everyone in the Back2Basics community is what i cherish the most. The guys I went through the house with are like my brothers, and most of us are still sober today. I just celebrated 18 months of continuous sobriety.
4. Brendon F. writes: My life was spiraling downhill quick at the early age of 18, living on the streets of my hometown Reno, Nevada I had no hope for my life. Finally I had enough with myself and what I was doing. My parents had found Back2Basics online and I agreed to go. I am a graduate of the initial 6 months of the program and completed an internship at a local coffee shop in town while in the transition phase of the program. I am currently working in a internship as a residential tech at Back2Basics and I couldn’t be happier!
We have been speaking with Justin 2x per week the past few weeks as he gets ready to transition back into the real world. We are proud of his accomplishments there, and look forward to his continued progress. We thank you, Graciela, Keelyn, and the rest of the B2B staff for your support, guidance and unwavering belief in his path to sobriety. You provided the foundation, and he is now ready to become a productive member of society. 9 months ago we could not even imagine where he is now, and you should all be proud of helping him to get to this point. It is now largely up to him, although I know you all will be there for any emotional support he may need. Wishing all of you continued health and happiness.
Kevin and Laurie
I hope you and your family are having a wonderful holiday. Jan and I
spent Christmas with Brandon in Flagstaff, AZ. The transformation in his
personality and motivation has been Truly remarkable. He will shortly
complete the 6 month program and will be returning to school. For the
foreseeable future, he intents to remain in Flagstaff because as he put
it, that is where his support system in already in place. Brandon has a
sponsor and has made new friends who are involved in and committed to
pursuing a life of sobriety. Even though we know that Brandon still has
a lot of hard work ahead of him, the turn around so far is nothing short
of an answer to our prayers. Thank you for helping us find this program.
B2B has made an extremely positive difference in our lives as a family
and specifically for our son Thomas. It has been a positive experience
from start to finish. B2B has allowed Thomas to live in a safe and
structured environment and providing the support necessary to maintain
his sobriety after leaving a wilderness program.
B2B was very caring and expedient during the admissions process. When
bringing our son to B2B, we were only there for a matter of an hour or
2. Paperwork at the office and then to the house where he would be
spending the next 6 months. I felt really good about the house and the
people we were leaving our son with.
We went back to Flag about 1/2 way through the program for a family
workshop. It was a very meaningful and productive visit. We spent
quite a bit of time at the house for meals and got to know the staff and
residents. Everyone made us feel so genuinely welcome and at home. B2B
is a family owned business and the residents become part of that family
while they are there.
My son is still the same person, but at the same time he is someone I
don’t recognize. He has worked hard to make positive changes in his
whole life with the support, compassion and caring of B2B. When he came
home for a family visit, the 1st thing he did was find a 12 step meeting
for the next day and at the dinner table I asked if anyone would like to
say grace, he immediately stepped up, something I wasn’t expecting.
Thomas has come a long way and I really have to thank B2B for his
journey. B2B certainly has our recommendation for a top notch sober
living & outdoor adventure program. I truly believe that if Thomas had
come home immediately after wilderness he would not be where he is
Sincerely Kathy & Thomas
I love working with the team at Back2Basics. The hybrid of outdoor
treatment and tradition recovery based work is a great combination to
get young men grounded and on their way to sustained recovery